NGAKS INSURANCE PROGRAM - SSLI Insurance
The State Sponsored Life Insurance (SSLI) program administered by NGAKS is available to all Kansas Guardsmen. It is Group Term Life Insurance and supplements the SGLI program. This insurance program was started by NGAKS over 35 years ago and covered Kansas Guardsmen long before the US Government allowed Guardsmen to participate in SGLI program. It is underwritten by American Equity Investment Life Insurance Co of Des Moines, IA. and is adminstered by COL (Ret) Tim Marlar.
- Coverage available for both the Guardsman and the family (Guardsman must be insured before family can be covered)
- Payroll Deductible (Please note if you are AGR as that is a separate payroll system)
- Pays within 24 hours of notification of a claim
- There are NO exclusions and you (and family members, if insured) are covered 24/7, regardless of location
- Belongs to the Soldiers and Airmen of the Kansas Army and Air National Guard
- $10,000 coverage free for first year for new Guardsmen (see below)
- Coverage can be retained after leaving the Guard, to age 65, With same Coverage and Premium
- Coverage can be converted after age 65 to an Individual Whole Life Plan, regardless of health
Standard Application Form
For Current Guard Members
Click Here for Rates and Application Form
This is a writable form which can be filled out on your PC, printed and mailed to our office. Signature is REQUIRED on Application and DD Form 2558 for payroll Deduction.
FREE Application Form
For NEW Guard Members
Click Here for Free Application Form
This is a writable form which can be filled out on your PC, printed and mailed to our office. Signature is REQUIRED on Application and DD Form 2558. (you will NOT be billed for the first year and may elect to cancel before payroll deduction starts).
This FREE policy is only available to NEW members (prior service or non-prior service) of the Kansas National Guard (Army or Air) for one year from date of enlistment.
A completed Application MUST have been received in our office for forwarding to American Equity Investment Life Insurance Co. before coverage takes effect.
Change of Address or Beneficiary Form
Click Here for Change or Address or Beneficiary Form
This is a writable form which can be filled out on your PC, printed and mailed to our office. Signature of Guardsman is REQUIRED to make beneficiary changes and it must have been received in the American Equity Investment Life Insurance Co. Office in Des Moines, IA before it is effective.
DD 2558 Form
Payroll Deduction Form for Start, Stop, Change of Payroll Deduction (a new Application Form is required for increases in coverage, changing or increasing coverage of family members)
Click Here for DD Form 2558
This is a writable form which can be filled out on your PC, printed and mailed to our office. Signature of Guardsman is REQUIRED to make payroll changes.
SSLI (State Sponsored Life Insurance) is offered by NGAKS and is supplemental to SGLI. SGLI is administered through your Military Unit. (changing beneficiaries on your SGLI does NOT change your SSLI policy, please use the form above)
It's easy, simply use these forms or call the Insurance Administrator at (316) 288-9496, or click NGAKS below to apply, change coverage or beneficiary. Our FAX number is (785) 862-7203. PLEASE SEND ALL FORMS TO NGAKS OFFICE IN TOPEKA, NOT THE INSURANCE COMPANY