The National Guard Association of Kansas is made up of officers of the Kansas Army and Air National Guard, past and present numbering over 1,300 including annual, life and retired life members. NGAKS Celebrates its 60th Anniversary in 2014, sharing a combined state conference with the Enlisted Association of the National Guard of Kansas (EANGKS) and our Employer Support of Guard and Reserve (ESGR) representatives.
NGAKS is organized as a not for profit corporation, to;
- Promote and support adequate state and national security;
- Support and improve the Army and Air National Guard of Kansas;
- Promote and support the National Guard Association of the United States in its efforts to improve the National Guard;
- Promote and undertake activities and programs of benefit to members and their families, and any other activity reasonably intended to promote the well being of the membership or to further the purposes named herein;
- Provide the public with pertinent information and assistance to enhance public appreciation of the purpose and value of the National Guard of Kansas and the national security program of the United States of America; and
- Have the power to receive and collect membership dues and accept contributions to be used exclusively to promote the purposes for which the Corporation is organized.
- Not-for-profit Corporation organized under USC 501(c)(19)
- Governed by an elected board of directors numbering fifteen.
- Membership consisting of the Officers of the Kansas Army and Air National Guard.
- Standing Committees make up the functional body to effect the directions of the association.
- Nineteen consecutive years of 100% membership in the National Guard Association of the U.S.
- Administers the NGAKS State Sponsored Life Insurance Program for all Kansas Guardsmen and families.
- Support the Kansas National Guard Hall of Fame.
- Support the Museum of the National Guard (where NGAKS offices are located).
- Support the Enlisted Association of the Kansas National Guard (EANGKS).
- Provide recognition and awards for individuals and units of the Kansas National Guard
- Publish periodic newsletter to membership.
- Sponsor an Annual State Conference for members.
- Support attendance at Annual National Conference for Kansas delegation.
- Execute State and National Legislative Actions commensurate with NGAKS objectives.
- Support Junior Officer and Warrant Officer programs.
- Support Retiree Officers and maintain their involvement with the National Guard.
- Support The Adjutant General of Kansas in legislative, information and programs to educate the public and membership.
- Explore new benefits for membership.
- Actively pursue resolutions that promote the goals of the Association.
- Employs two full time personnel, an Executive Director and Insurance Administrator.
424 S. Brenda Lane
Salina, KS 67401
Become a member of the National Guard Association of Kansas! Learn More